This past weekend I spent a few hours on Saturday completing some of the jobs i've been meaning to tackle in the study. Putting the handles on the wardrobes was the simplest task, but i did approach it with some trepidation largely due to my inability to complete a DIY task without injuring myself in some way. I'm not sure what it is, lack of spacial awareness or just lack of attention but something always happens. Don't get me wrong, these are not life threatening injuries, on a bigger picture level I'm sensible. These are more bumps and knocks which result in blood blisters, large ugly bruises and bumps to the head. I'm quite proud of a small scare located just below my lip from when i tried to hang shelves 10 years ago. I somehow managed to walk my face into the corner of the shelf whilst trying to fit it and it stands as a reminder.
So tackling fitting the handles to the wardrobe sounds simpler than it was in reality. The photo below is of the finished product. I like to think of the handles as jewellery for my doors and i hope you agree. I picked them up from Anthropologie and wrote about their range back in July, you can read about it here.
I had all my tools at the ready, step ladder, spirit level, pencil, ruler and drill. It took me 3 goes to work out the correct drill size and quite a lot of energy to put power behind the drill for the upper doors. My shoulder and neck muscles took the brunt of that energy expenditure and they have been quite sore for the past couple of days. But I am proud of what i've achieved and i think they look beautiful.
Next step within the study is to sketch my new desk for the carpenter. I want to create an L shaped desk to wrap around the far wall for my studies. It will maximise my working space and create a location for my drawing board. I can then move my current desk away from the window and create a lovely reading corner. I have a few ideas about floor rugs and hope to finalise that decision so I can be ready to pounce when the next round of sales start.
Take care x